Sunday, September 26, 2010

Full Moon

A couple of days ago we enjoyed another full moon.  It was absolutely beautiful.  For a couple of days before and a couple of days after, if we are blessed with a clear sky, we can enjoy the beauty that is the full moon, in all its splendor.

They say that people see a man in the moon; that the shadows on the moon create a face.  Personally, ever since I was about 14, I can remember looking at the moon and seeing a "perfect" family portrait.  It is a dream that I hold on to, for the day when God chooses to bless me with a new "picture".  For now, I simply enjoy the beauty of the night sky and dream.

The other morning when I went for a walk at 6:00 a.m., my world was illuminated by that spectacular moon, and the stars that were shining brightly.  The sun was nowhere to be seen. Actually that is an incorrect statement.  You see, the moon in and of itself, does not give off light of any kind, it is actually simply an object that reflects the light of our sun. 

I would like my life to be just like the moon, except, instead of reflecting the sun, I would like to reflect the Son.  I want people, when they look at me, to see the love of the Son of God shining out from within me.

In The Message, Proverbs 4:18 says, "The ways of right-living people glow with light; the longer they live, the brighter they shine."

Ephesians 5:8-9 says, "For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light! For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true." (NLT)

When people see me, I want them to see a woman who longs for the light of God to shine brightly from within her.  My faith in God is not just a part of who I am, it is who I am.  It is my desire to live a life that is good and right and true.  This is not something I can do on my own, but only as a result of being an instrument to reflect the Son. I love that idea, I love being able to be a reflector for people to see Christ.

Now, I can't wait for next month, when the full moon rises again.  I hope for clear skies, so that I can smile and reflect on the fact that I can be just like the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment