Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Leaves in the Wind

It was nice to escape the house this evening.  I have been stuck here for a couple of days since the vertigo hit.  I have been able to hear the wind blowing like crazy outside, but it was great to feel it against my face.  I love walking and it was wonderful to actually be able to go out for a bit. 

Something surprised me as I was outside.  It is almost November and with all the wind we have had the last two days I expected most of the trees to have lost all their leaves by now, but that is not what I found.  I would say that at least two-thirds of all the trees had the majority of their leaves still in tact.  I guess it just isn't their time yet. 

Timing - why is it that our timing and God's timing never seem to be quite the same.  Right now I am waiting for God's timing in my life.  He has shown me the path He wants me to take. He has filled my heart with a passion but yet He says wait. 

Why is it that we as human beings don't like to wait?  I have to laugh each time I hear someone say, "God give me patience, and give it to me now!" Not quite how learning patience works.  When we demand that things go our way, when we manipulate the situation to get what we want, we miss out on God's best for our lives.

Just this morning, as I read my Bible, I read the following verses. Proverbs 3:5-6 say, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take."  These verses are a good reminder that I need to follow His will for my life, but it isn't just about God's will for my life, it is about God's will in God's timing, and He is never too late.

So as I wait for Him to reveal how He wants to work in my life, I hold on to verses that give me hope, verses that challenge me to wait.  Some might find me a fool, but to me, not waiting is the foolish thing to do. 

Psalm 27:13-14 say, "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."

My friends, as you wait, be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment