Friday, November 5, 2010

Let It Rain

Yesterday I was out for a walk, and the wind was blowing.  As I looked up, one of the trees nearby was losing quite a few leaves.  It seemed like it was raining leaves.  As I continued walking, I noticed that most of the trees had either already lost their leaves, or they were holding on for dear life.  That one tree was the only tree I saw, that was losing so many leaves at once.  

It made me think.  In my last blog posting, I talked about timing and how it just wasn't the right time for the trees to lose their leaves.  Well, yesterday, for that one tree, it was time, and it was beautiful.  The beauty did not come in the losing of the leaves, but in the fulfillment of its destiny.

We all have a destiny.  God has plans for each of our lives.  As one of His children, He has amazing plans for my life. 

Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I love that He has amazing plans for my life.  I love that He fills my life with hope, but I also love that He has things He wants me to do in His name.  That is my destiny.

Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

God has birthed in me a new passion and little by little He is preparing me for what He has for me to do.  In the mean time, I look up, I look around and I see the miracles He places in my path each and every day.  He reminds me that He is there and that He loves me. 

Yesterday, that one tree's destiny was fulfilled, and the leaves rained down at just the right time. 

God, when the timing is perfect in my life for me to fulfill my destiny, please, let it rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment