Monday, February 27, 2012

First Class

I just got home from my latest missions trip; this time the destination was Nicaragua.  What an amazing experience!  On the way there, 3 of the 12 members of the team were in first class and I was blessed to be one of them.  What a treat it was, or could have been for me.


Due to the weather, we were delayed a couple hours, waiting for our pilots to come from another flight.  I was hungry by the time we got off the ground so the turbulence we hit turned my stomach in very bad ways and I ended up being sick to my stomach, literally.  Thankfully I had the plastic bag from the blanket the flight attendant gave me; it came in handy.  That was it for me.  The lovely breakfast of French Toast, with grilled pineapple, a fruit cup and a croissant turned into trying to eat the French Toast, but not being successful, but the croissant was okay and stayed down.  About 80% of my breakfast stayed on the tray.  I did sleep for most of the flight so the big seats were great.  A ticket in first class not fully experienced, not fully enjoyed.


How often do we as faith followers of Christ not live life up to the full potential we have in Him? In John 10:10b Jesus tells us that "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.", but we chose to follow our own path not His.  When we follow our own path, we miss out on all the fun and exciting adventures He wants to take us on.  We also must experience the heartache that comes from our own poor choices.  


What a waste of a first class ticket, right? Nope, when a lesson is learned, when a truth is discovered, the experience is never a waste.


Can't wait to share my trip with you.  Hope your week is blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment