Friday, February 3, 2012

Dreams

Do you ever feel like your dreams are right within your grasp, yet too far away all at the same time? Do you feel like things couldn't be going any better, at the same time as they couldn't be going any worse?  That's me right now.  Everything seems to be happening all at once.  It is a little overwhelming.  Sometimes I need to press on going forward, and sometimes I need to shift into neutral so that I can regroup and prepare for what God has in store for me.  The trick is to know which to do at the exact right time.  

Opportunities have come up that I know are right for me, then stuff happens to block doing them.  It would be wonderful if open doors came without any detours.  It is in the detours that we can strengthen our faith. 

But if we look forward to something we don’t yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently.  Romans 8:25 (NLT)  Doesn’t sound like fun, but I know God is in control and He will work all things out for our good and His glory.

After David was anointed to be king, He didn’t get to job right away.  As a matter of fact, he went to work for King Saul, where he would have his life threatened many times.  On numerous occasions, King Saul would attempt to take David’s life.  All of this happened to prepare David for what God had in store for him in the future.  Knowing that, and knowing that David was able to overcome, gives me strength to do my best to overcome as well.

I don’t know what tomorrow holds, but I know the One who does.  Thankfully, I trust Him with my life.

Abba Father, please take my heart, and my life in Your hands.  Hold me close to Your chest.  Don’t ever let me go.  Prepare me for what You have in store for my future.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment