Friday, January 20, 2012

The Voice Inside

Lately I have noticed a lot of people writing about dreams and the importance of doing everything in our power to reach for them. To be honest, in the past, I was not the type of person who paid much attention to my dreams because they never seemed to come true, so what was the point. I lived my life in fear of failure; not even trying to succeed. I lived life in fear of simply living. I just existed.

Thank God that is the past.  I am thankful that my Abba Father loves me too much to allow me to continue living in defeat and failure.   I am thankful for the new beginning He has given me.  Each and every day we receive another new beginning from His hand.  I love it.  No matter what yesterday brought, today is a new day, a new day to experience Him and to serve Him with my life. 

I recently saw a picture on Facebook that really spoke to my heart.


I love it!  The old me would have looked at my dreams and said, "What's the point, you can't accomplish it." but the new me tells me that the voice in my head is a liar, and I believe it!

Philippians 4:13 has taken on a new meaning the last little while.  " For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."  I have known this verse most of my life, but now it is becoming very real for me. Because I can do everything through Christ who gives me the strength I need, the things I say "I can't" do, I need to say, "I choose not" to do. When I choose not to reach for my dreams, it is a result of the fear again.  That is not a choice I choose to make any longer; I just don't!

I need to start living my life focused on the dreams God planted in my heart a very long time ago, as well as new ones He is blossoming in  my heart now.  I need to focus on using the gifts and talents God gave me to accomplish those dreams, and I know I can do it.

I am thankful for the people God has planted in my life who have my back; people I know are there to encourage me along the way.  I can do this!  I can fly!  Right Big Bro?

No comments:

Post a Comment