Thursday, December 15, 2011

Phenomenal!

If you have walked into my office the last few weeks and asked me how I am, my answer has usually been "Phenomenal!"  One of the professors in particular would increasingly roll his eyes at my response and walk away without engaging in further conversation.  The other day when he was at my desk he asked how I was and he got the same "Phenomenal" and his response was, "Okay really? Someone needs to tone it down."  I looked at him and told him why I am "Phenomenal!"

This year, 2011 has been the most amazing year of my life.  Since my trip to Colombia, God simply flipped my life upside down and I feel like I am a totally new person, willing to take on life.  I work in a place that I love, with people that I love.  I became a grandmother to a beautiful little girl. Life is Phenomenal!  (I should have added I have a beautiful daughter and I am blessed to have amazing friends! All true.)  As I told this professor why Phenomenal was such an ongoing answer he smiled, shook his head and said that maybe he should stop being so "grinch-like."

I wouldn't have thought that 2011 would be this way because of the way it started, but as the year progressed God started doing some amazing things in my life, in my heart, healing past hurts, opening my eyes to truths that I didn't connect before between my head and my heart. I am re-evaluating so many things, because I am becoming a different individual. 

Isaiah 43:18-19 says, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." 

I am becoming more bold, willing to try new things, do things I never thought I would even attempt before.  I participated in my first 5k this year, walking, but I was in it.  What a blast! So now I cannot wait to see what God has in store for 2012; it's coming soon.

So how am I? Life is more than just good; life is more than just great.  Life is PHENOMENAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment