Saturday, August 3, 2013

A New Season Indeed

I can't believe it has been almost three years since I started this blog. I think the greatest thing that I have learned through the process is that we are blessed with new seasons all the time. Some seasons are difficult, others are pure joy, but when we invite God to walk alongside of us, the journey is a sweet one indeed.

I love to ask friends to bring me back one thing when they go on vacation, a digital picture that reminds them of me.  When my dear friend Sarah went to Costa Rica this year she sent me back this picture.


The subject line of the email was "Which road will I travel? Which way?"  What I love about this picture is that you don't get to see what is just around the corner, you don't get to know what is ahead. If you choose to go to on the paved road, you don't get to know where it will take you until you turn the corner.

That is the way it is with God sometimes, isn't it?  He leads down a path that we can't see, a path that requires us to trust in Him.  Proverbs 3:5-6 says “Trust in the Lord with all your heart,  and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”  Sometimes those paths can be scary, but when God is on it with you, it is the best path to take.

I am at the beginning of another new season in my life and I am excited about where it will take me.  I am not sure exactly what is around the corner for me, but I just take one day at a time, one step at a time.  The thing I do know is that God is on this road with me and I am safe in His hands.  Tomorrow is a new day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment